Monday, January 21, 2013

Confessions of a blog reader...

It's 4 or 5 years since I discovered the world of art and craft blogs. Some of those early ones I looked at are still firm favourites - Cathy Cullis's blog (which was called November Moon back then), Tiny Happy and Mouse Notebook. I started my own blog in response these and many others, to be part of this huge conversation about art and craft that's being made on kitchen tables (and verandahs!) around the world.

Along the way my blog reading comes and goes depending on how busy life is (and how awful my internet connection has sometimes been). Often I don't visit for months and then catch up in a gluttonous binge. Sometimes I just keep up with what people are doing on flickr, and hop across to a blog from there. I rarely leave comments on blogs, much more often on flickr where it's quick and easy, and you don't have to decipher and enter code words to prove you're not a robot!

This christmas holidays the internet gods have been kind and life has been pretty slow and relaxing. So I've had time to venture beyond my usual blog haunts, I've added some new ones to my side-bar you might like to check out...and I've even left a few comments!!


I haven't been hugely productive artwise this holiday, but these are 2 small paintings I've managed to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment