Saturday, January 7, 2017

Hello 2017, hello lifebook

2017 has got off to a creative start! The first Lifebook 2017 lessons arrived on the 1st - a beautiful guided meditation, a warm up lesson, and a full lesson. The pieces are about setting your intention for the year, the negative things you want to leave behind and positive things you want to carry forward with you.



The main lesson was 5x 40 minute videos, one of the big challenges for me will be to slow down and allow myself the time to watch and then do the artwork. This week I've been on holiday from work, so I  watched a video a day and worked on the piece each day, but I wonder how I'll sqeeze it all in once the kids are back at school and all the normal routines kick in....



There is a bit of me that feels - why do I need to do this? I've been artmaking for 25 or more years, I should beable to just get on with my stuff. But I've been very uninspired in 2016 to the point where art was one more chore I should do... So it's wonderful to feel inspired about art making, to be learning new techniques and approaches. I want to feel whole- hearted about doing the course and see where it takes me.

2017 is shaping up to be a year of change, there has been restructuring at work and I will be made redundant at the end of January. And my oldest son has been working and saving hard for a year now, and is planning to move down south in a couple of months time.

Lifebook may well be a lifeboat for me through these changes!!!

One of the blogs that inspired me to join Lifebook was Inky Dinky Doodle - do follow the link to see her post about her week one artworks.

Happy New Year 😊

5 comments:

  1. You are on a magnificent art/life journey this year! It's exciting when "life boats/inspirations" are sent our way. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for your lovely comment Carole, I hope you have an inspiring year too :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Kate, I admire you for taking on this challenge and love the work you have done in week one, it looks like it has moved on from your documented style on here?. Look forward to seeing the progress you make in your art and choices in life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanne, yes, the girl in particular is very different to my usual!! The demonstration video was even more stylised and I toned her down a bit. That's one of the great things about the classes, you can follow them exactly or use them as a jumping off point to do your own thing. So far I'm loving having fun with materials, building up lots of layers which is not my usual approach. Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, this is beautiful artwork! Thank you for showing me the possibilities of Lifebook. It can be frustrating when you are experiencing a lull in creativity and I’m glad that this helped get you out of that slump. Keep up the great work and keep being an inspiring artist. I look forward to seeing more.

    Lindsey @ Nosto

    ReplyDelete