Saturday, December 24, 2016

Some journal pages

Hi, I've done a few journal pages from prompts I found called oxygen mask hopefully you can track them down at jenaferjoy.com. They are tiny little 3 minute videos, with an idea that you can do quickly with minimum materials. Thay have been good to play with this week inbetween the xmas stuff, office parties, shopping, digging out the tree and decorations.




A found poem


I hope you will find some little pockets of time for art over the next busy days.

Sitting on the verandah I can hear rosellas (parrots) next door going crazy over a tree that's in flower. Thunder rumbles in the distance, we just had a week of monsoon rain, and now a little break, I have sheets and towels on the line, and I'm keeping an eye out for that storm. The tv chatters away in side the house, my kids are watching documentaries on rock climbing of all things. A small bird perches on the pool fence and every so often flits down to skim the surface of the pool and then back to the fence. I'm not sure if it's washing or catching insects!

So Happy Christmas from the tropics!!  xx Kate xx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, it has been lovely to see your art this year and interesting links which have introduced me to new things and ideas. Have a great Christmas in the tropics and all the best for 2017 from here in rainy UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, I hope you had a relaxing Christmas, it's the time of year thatI miss England the most, I don't think I'll ever get used to hot Christmas. I'm very disorganised this year, only making my cards today when xmas is over !! Best wishes :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Kate, thanks so much for visiting my blog! I'm glad to hear you took the plunge and signed up for Lifebook. You will love it - it's so full of inspiration and the Facebook group is very supportive. I hope to see you there! Loving your journal pages - they're very arty and organic! It must be lovely having a pool and parrots flying around! So exotic! Best wishes for 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zsuzsa, I'm counting down to lifebook now, can't wait to get started. Happy New Year !

      Delete
  3. Hi Kate, I can understand that it would be difficult for you at Christmas, but, when I see your photos and you talk about your lovely outside craft fairs, with the sun shining, I feel a bit jealous. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) You're right I'm very lucky to live here!! Happy New Year

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the link, Kate. Here's to new journals!

    ReplyDelete