Sunday, June 5, 2022

ICAD 2022

 It's been a long time between posts! If you follow me on instagram you'll know I've been painting pretty steadily for the last year and a half. 

When I started this blog my kids were still little,  I had one free morning a week with no work and no kids and that was my painting morning which inspired my blog name - what I did on Friday! 

Over the years I've sometimes had more time, but found it didn't equate to more creativity, in fact it usually meant more procrastination. For the last year or so I've set aside Sunday morning for painting, and I get my paints out no matter what, often I only have an hour or so before I have to drive someone somewhere, but it's enough time to get a little painting done. I also try to go out walking and sketching through the week, tiny fast 5 minute sketches help me to really look and give me subjects for my paintings. 

And now to ICAD!

ICAD is an index card a day challenge which runs through June and July it's the idea of @gypsy999 (on instagram or daisy yellow blog) you can find out more info there including daily and weekly prompts...which I will probably ignore and go my own way. I'm excited to be carving out a little bit of time in the evenings to do my icad a time of day when I'm low energy and usually in front of the tv. 

 

These are my warm up cards done before the 1st June, I will post again soon with my icads from the first week.

No comments:

Post a Comment