Thursday, June 23, 2022

Days 1 to 16 ICAD2022

 

Days 1 to 9


Days 1 and 2. It's funny where inspiration comes from, something that's just at hand sitting in front of me on my art bench, an image from an art calendar. In a way it doesn't matter what the subject is, but just to be getting my paints or pencils out and making a little time in the evening for art.


Days 3 and 4. Again loosely based on images on an art calendar.


Days 5 and 6. These are much more like my usual paintings, based on my walks at the water gardens and the beach, I work from memory sketches and bad photos! Very happy that the one on the right then inspired a proper painting which would never have happened without icad bringing up ideas!


Days 7 and 8. Again these ones are of the nightcliff foreshore, the bike path through the trees and looking out across the mouth of rapid creek, the same composition as day 6 but trying more muted colours.


Day 9 was back to the art calendar!


Days 10 to 16. I felt like I floundered around for subject matter this week, and wasn't that happy with what I produced, on the last 2 days I worked from an episode of gardening australia pausing the video on interesting compositions and sketching from that. The figure in a garden is definitely a subject I'm interested in, and I have continued on this theme through days 17 to 22, and possibly beyond! I'll share those next time!

Best wishes to all, and if you're having a go at ICAD I hope you're having fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment