Monday, January 19, 2015

new lino prints for cards and a walk at the beach



Here are the little lino prints I carved in the christmas holidays, both are based on paintings I did last year - I love that, when ideas hop from one medium to another.


I had a lovely walk at the beach on Friday evening, glorious wet season clouds!!
And I remembered to take my camera, here are a couple of photos.



One more week of school holidays to go and then back to more normal routines, which is good and bad!! I am looking forward to having my Friday mornings back for painting without interruption!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and are enjoying the New Year. I share your love of ideas travelling from one form of art to another. Beach walks at any time of the year inspire. Your photos capture the wetness of those clouds beautifully. Here's to many more beach walks in store for you in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, thanks so much, I hope you have lots of inspiring walks too, tho it must be freezing where you are! best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete