Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Gypsies vagabonds and wild mad women

I have work in a group show that opens on Thursday 5.30 at Tactile Arts - Gypsies vagabonds and wild mad women!!

One of the pieces I'm showing is a handmade concertina book of dancing girls. I think I blogged about this a couple of months ago, and it did take weeks and weeks to come together. I'm so pleased I got it finished in time! Here are a few photos.



The girls are painted in acrylics with collaged paper dresses a bit like paper dolls, the front cover is a lino cut. On the reverse are silhouettes of the girls cut from scrapbooking papers.


April has been a bit of a disaster health wise. At the start of the month I strained my back pulling out weeds in the garden, and had to spend a couple of days in bed. Every time I start to get better I tweak it again, so over a week later I'm back in bed again. I think I have to admit defeat and really rest properly....

4 comments:

  1. I have similar problems with my back Kate. Could be lumbago? One bad move twisting and lifting and I'm out of action for weeks. Hope it gets better soon! Love your dancing girls! Good luck with the exhibition - sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's exactly that twisting and lifting that set it off. I'm trying to re-educate myself to bend the knees!

      Delete
  2. The Dancing Girls turned out beautifully! I love the idea of having their silhouettes on the reverse side.

    Sorry to hear about your back. I know how much it hurts as I am recovering from a fall onto a rock slab at the beach. Ugh. May we both recover completely.
    Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Carole, I hope you are ok, and hope you've had a lovely long weekend.

      Delete