Saturday, March 16, 2013

bus drawings







I have been inspired by Maureen Nathan over on flickr, to do some drawings on the bus. Her drawings are wonderful so do take a look, here here, and here. My bus ride is only 10 minutes, but the drawings only take a minute or so! I made myself a tiny sketchbook about  2 inch square, from scrap cardboard and junkmail faxes we get at work (for coffee machines and overseas holidays! blank on one side).


I draw with a biro, sometimes the vibrations of the bus leave a wobbly line. I try to hide the book in the top of my bag so people can't see what I'm doing!!


It has reminded me that I always meant to make a zine about travelling on the bus - I have heaps of bus poems - I should go and dig them out.

My big canvas is progressing slowly with things being painted in and painted out again! I hope to show you some of that next time.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for the mention Kate. your bus drawings are so lively, I really like them. did you draw them blind or looking? no matter really, all the info is there and delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen, they are kind of blind drawings tho I do cheat a little!! It's great to discover you have a blog too.
      best wishes

      Delete