Sunday, January 10, 2021

Happy new year and Lifebook 2021

 I have treated myself to the online art and wellbeing course Lifebook for this year. I have tried it befor in 2017 and 2018, and enjoyed being introduced to so many different artists/teachers and new approaches and techniques. I also remember being overwhelmed by so many lessons, usually 2 a week (plus other bonus material) there can be hours of video which I don't have enough time for. So I'm doing it my way, as much as I can manage on a smaller scale than they suggest - I'm doing mine in an A5 journal , not loose sheets to be bound at the end. Also I'm not taking part in the facebook group, I don't enjoy facebook (to put it mildly) and don't want to waste time there or be too overwhelmed or influenced by other people's work.


Here's my first piece for the year! A warm up, I followed the instructions fairly closely and enjoyed the layering, stencilling and markmaking. It includes my word of the year - renaissance- along with the dictionary meaning "cultural or artistic revival." That's what I'm really hoping for this year, after beibg so focused on the kids finishing school for the last couple of years, now it's my turn!!



The other week one lesson was called Goddess of Light, I didn't watch all the videos for this one but used it as inspiration, a jumping off point for this journal page which is still in progress. Both these lessons were with Tamara Laporte. (You can find out more about lifebook at her website willowing.org or Instagram @willowing). I will skip week 2 for now as the week 3 lessons will be out on Tuesday.

Happy new year and best wishes to you, take care of yourselves especially those back in lockdown, hoping things improve as the year goes on and vaccines are rolled out.

No comments:

Post a Comment